El Centro Latinx/Chicanx
El Centro Latinx/Chicanx at VCU empowers faculty, staff, students, alumni and the greater Richmond community in an increasingly global environment through Latinx/Chicanx scholarship, advocacy and personal/socio-cultural and professional development.
Please join us for a Spotlight on Latinx Scholars event on October 12th, from 4-5:30 at Rodney's at Shafer Place.
Admission is free but an RSVP is appreciated. Please let us know you're coming by registering via this form.
Scholarship and advocacy
El Centro Latinx/Chicanx targets needs across disciplines with a commitment to generate scholarship, creative works, processes and policies for transformative change benefiting the L/C communities. This will be done by:
- Developing L/C-affirming curriculum, scholarship and policies in and out of the classroom
- Promoting L/C research opportunities and student research training and mentorship
- Advocating for L/C community needs
Inclusion and support
The center also creates and sustains a welcoming, inclusive and supportive L/C campus culture where diverse learners have the opportunity to interact with each other and share ideas and experiences, both similar and different from their own. This will be done by:
- Serving as a hub for intentional and reciprocal relationships between faculty, staff, students, alumni and community members
- Providing resources such as events, spaces and key lecturers around L/C experiences
- Promoting creative works to highlight L/C visibility and representation that is critical to academic and professional success
For more information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success at email@example.com.