VCU honorees recognized at the 2017 PACME Celebration
The Presidential Awards for Community Multicultural Enrichment (PACME) recognize contributions and efforts made by VCU and VCU Health System administrators, faculty, staff and students that enhance the goals of inclusive excellence and VCU’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. Nominations are accepted online.
Save the Date: April 26, 2018
The 2018 annual PACME Celebration is April 26 from 3:00pm-5:00pm in the Commonwealth Ballroon, VCU Student Commons. This event is FREE and open to all.
All About PACME
PACME specifically recognizes those VCU and VCU Health System individuals and groups who have made exemplary contributions with regard to promoting civility, building community, establishing cross-cultural initiatives, advocating equity, and nurturing a welcoming and inclusively excellent environment throughout the VCU community. The awards recognize those who go above and beyond the routine expectations of the individual or group’s position.
Award criteria includes:
- Contributions or efforts to enhance the goal of affirmative action and/or racial, ethnic or cultural diversity at VCU
- Performing above and beyond the routine expectations of the person or organization's position
- A sustained commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Efforts/contributions that make a significant impact on inclusive excellence at VCU
- Testimonials, awards, and/or letters of support to show the impact of the contributions/efforts
- Lasting benefits of the contributions/efforts
Four separate awards recognize students, faculty, classified and hourly staff, and administrators. In addition to the award, each recipient will receive $500.
The Riese-Melton Award, which is given for contributions to cross-cultural relations, is the capstone award. The recipient of this award will be chosen from the 2017 PACME recipients and will receive an additional $250.
- Administrator award: Administrators and those who hold professional faculty appointments are eligible
- Classified and hourly staff award: Classified staff, hourly staff, and university and academic professionals are eligible
- Faculty award: All instructional faculty are eligible
- Student award: Individual students and student organizations, and postdoctoral fellows are eligible
Members of the 2018 PACME Selection Committee: TBA